Quick Start Guide for the EOSpy Server/Client and GPS Tracking Devices
Executive Order Spy — This quick guide will help you install and configure the EOSpy components.
Executive Order Spy has several components:
1. The EOSPY Server, the live map GPS tracking Windows program.
2. The EOSPY Client, the Android application you install on an Android phone.
3. Configure GSM/GPRS/GPS Tracking Devices to use with EOSPY – Executive Order Sensor Processor sYstem Server.
You can have an unlimited number and combination of EOSPY Clients and/or GPS tracking devices in use with EOSPY Server. (Download EOSPY Server from our website and Download EOSPY Client from the Google Store)
1. EOSPY Server – To install the EOSPY – Executive Order Sensor Processor sYstem Server program on your Windows computer, download the eospy.exe installation program, and click on the eospy.exe install program. EOSPY will by default install in the destination location: C:\Program Files\EOSpy and create a Start Menu folder: EOSPY. To start the EOSPY Server, click on the Eagle icon on your desktop. The EOSPY map will appear.
2. EOSPY Client – To install the EOSPY Client application on your phone, download the EOSPY application from the Google App Store. To start the EOSPY Client, click on the Eagle icon on your phone. The EOSPY – Executive Order Sensor Processor sYstem Client screen will appear.
To configure a new EOSPY Client, you will need to enter the EOSPY Server address, Domain name, or IP address into the Server address. Next, add this device in the EOSPY – Executive Order Sensor Processor sYstem Server by entering the Device name and the Device Identifier. Swipe the Service Status On, and YOU’RE DONE. The device will appear on the map the next time it sends GPS position.
3. GPS Tracking Devices – Many companies make various off-the-shelf GPS Tracking devices. Configuring these devices will vary a little from vendors. First, add the new device with a unique identifier into the EOSPY Server. Next, configure your device to use the appropriate EOSPY Server IP address and port number.
Device Unique Identifier
For most devices, you should use an IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number as a unique identifier. However, some devices have vendor-specific unique identifiers, for example, TK-103 devices use a 12-digit identifier.
If you don’t know your device identifier, you can configure your device first and look at the server log file. When the server receives a message from an unknown device, it writes a record containing a unique identifier of a new device. Look for records like “Unknown device – 123456789012345”; “Unknown device” 123456789012345 is your new Device Identifier.
Address and Port
To select the correct port, find your device in the list of supported devices. The Port column of the corresponding row contains default port numbers for your device. If you want to use variations from the default ports, you can change them in the configuration file.
EOSPY supports more than 90 GPS communication protocols and more than 800 models of GPS tracking devices from popular GPS vendors. Review the list of supported devices for information about your GPS Tracking Device.
EOSPY-TI Quick Start Video Guide for EOSPY and the GPS Tracking Devices
Executive Order EOSPY-TI — Watch the EOSPY Quick Start Video for more information about installing and configuring you EOSPY-TI Client.